Listed in Non-profit
- 125 Maiden Lane New York, NY 10038
- (800) 367-5437
UNICEF USA or The United States Fund for UNICEF is the USA branch that supports UNICEF’s work, and other efforts in support of the world’s children, through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States.
UNICEF USA does whatever is required to preserve and take care of the world’s most vulnerable kids. Forty years ago, UNICEF determined that endorsing straightforward, inexpensive interventions such as hand washing and nursing your baby could possibly help save large numbers of day-to-day lives. UNICEF delivers regardless of war or geography.
UNICEF USA works with the World’s authorities, social leaders, superstars, businesses, campus organizations, churches, educators and ordinary individuals. In other words, UNICEF USA works with anybody who is ready to support us in advocating for the success and health, education, and well-being of every child.
UNICEF Timeline highlighting major milestones:
- 2014 UNICEF helps eradicate polio in India: certifed polio-free India!
- 2013 10 million syrians get clean water, which avoids hygiene-related disasters
- 2011 Child mortality sharply declines to under 18,000 per day
- 2007 UNICEF Tap Project launches in New York
- 1990 Chid mortality drops to below 30,000 deaths per day
- 1988 Audrey Hepburn joins ambassador ranks
- 1982 UNICEF starts revolution campaign for Child Survival
- 1971 George Harrison holds a Concert for Bangladesh
- 1970 Child mortality before the age 5 reaches less than 47,000 a day
- 1965 UNICEF earns the Nobel Peace Prize
- 1959 United Nations adopts the Declaration of the Rights of the Child:
- Proclaimed by General Assembly Resolution 1386(XIV) of 20 November 1959. This was the basis of the Convention of the Rights of the Child adopted by the United Nations General Assembly 30 years later on 20 November 1989. The Convention on the Rights of the Child was entered into force on 2 September 1990. ]
- 1954 Danny Kaye became the first Goodwill Ambassador
- 1953 UNICEF becomes a permanent entity of the United nations
- 1950 The Allison family starts Trick-or-Treat for UNICEF
- 1946 UNICEF is created to help children after world War II
- United States Fund for UNICEF
125 Maiden Lane
New York, NY 10038
Learn more about UNICEF USA by clicking here