Know how to Incorporate in California, S corp, C corp, LLC. Incorporate your Small Business Today with Incorporate.com. Since 1899! Visit https://reference180.com/how-to-incorporate-in-california/ to request your FREE California Corporation Quick Start Guide and get forms, worksheets, and more! You'll find everything you need to form your own California corporation.
California Secretary of State — Business Entities
PO Box 944260
1500 11th Street — 3rd Floor
Sacramento, CA 94244-2600
Statutory Authority: General Corporation Law —Cal. Corp. Code § 1-1 (2011)
The following information is legally necessary and sufficient to form a for-profit corporation in California:
1. Company name
2. Company street and mailing address
4. Name and street address of registered agent
5. Number of authorized shares
6. Signature and printed name of each incorporator
Post Formation and Ongoing Compliance
1. Draft and adopt bylaws.
2. Hold initial organizational meeting.
3. Obtain a federal employer identification number by completing IRS Form SS-4.
4. If electing S corporation status complete IRS Form 2553.
5. Open company bank account.
6. Create and maintain company records book.
7. Hold annual meetings.
8. File form S1-200 "Statement of Information", along with a $20.00 filing fee and a $5.00 disclosure fee, within 90 days of filing the Articles of Incorporation.
9. File form S1-200 "Statement of Information" annually.
10. Pay the $800.00 minimum California franchise tax.